FAQ - Frequently asked questions
There are many questions relating to the coronavirus at the moment. Our employees are doing everything in their power to provide everyone with an answer. Due to the extra measurements, waiting times for telephone and e-mail may be longer than you would normally expect from us. That is why we try to update the current guidelines regurlarly on this frequently asked questions page.
When does the park open and how can I book?
De Zonnegloed is open for visitors, but visits are ONLY possible with a RESERVATION in advance via our website. Click here to make a reservation.
Tickets and season tickets can ONLY be purchased online via our website. Tickets will no longer be sold at the box office.
After making the reservation, you will receive a reservation confirmation with QR code within 24 hours at the e-mail address you provided (please be patient). Do not forget to bring this reservation e-mail (and your ticket, voucher, season ticket or membership card) with you to the park! The reservation e-mail may be shown on your smartphone, make sure the QR codes are visible, they will be scanned on arrival.
Number of visitors per day and daypart is limited!
We follow the measures of the Security Council regarding the number of people you are allowed to meet with outside. Please take this into account when booking your visit.
I have a child from 0 to 2 years old. Do I have to buy a ticket for this ?
No, children under 3 years have free entrance, but you'll need to make an online reservation.
Because we only allow a limited number of people per day, even the youngest ones need to reserve a place.
How will the tickets be scanned at the entrance to the park?
You have to print out your e-mail with reservation and QR code or bring it with you on your smartphone or tablet. We’ll scan the QR-code at our entrance.
Does a time lock need to be reserved?
Yes, you can choose the part of the day you wish to come:
- Morning: 9h00 till 12h30
- Afternoon: 13h30 till17h00
You must arrive and leave within the given time slot.
Between 12.30 and 13.30 we take the time to thoroughly disinfect and prepare everything for the afternoon visitors.
I would like to take out a membership right away and make a reservation, how does that work?
You can buy a membership online first and it will be ready for you when you arrive at the park (we won't send it to you). As soon as you have ordered and paid for your membership online, you can make a reservation with your membership card.
I'm too late to book and the park already seems full, can I still come?
No, the purchase of tickets is only possible via our website.
If a date is shown in red, we have reached our limited amount of visitors for that day.
No discounts or vouchers for free entry?
No, we apply one rate. We believe that there’s no difference between people, young or old, to enjoy walking through our park and seeing our wonderful animals.
Only children under 3y are alowed in for free, but a place must be reserved for them when booking.
Are indoor enclosures accessible?
Yes, all indoor spaces (e.g. the little animals area) are open to visitors.
Are the playgrounds on the domain accessible?
Yes, all playgrounds are open.
The following measures are applied:
- Only allowed for children <12 years old.
- Accompanying adults should continue to comply with current distance rules and keep an eye on their children.
- A maximum of 20 children will be admitted at the same time on our large playground and a maximum of 5 children on our small playgrounds.
Will there be feeding moments with an animal caretaker?
No, for the time being, all feeding moments have been cancelled.
Will the shop be open?
Yes, the shop is open. There are cuddly toys, car stickers... for sale.
Coffee, tea and other drinks are available as take-away.
Are there benches or places where you can rest for a while?
Yes, there are benches located throughout the park.
Is it compulsory to wear a mouth mask?
Oral masks are compulsory indoors for everyone 12 years or older.
Are pets allowed?
No, pets are not allowed in the park. This is to ensure the safety of your pet and the animals in the park.
What measures are taken in De Zonnegloed to ensure the safety of everyone ?
A number of measures have been taken to ensure your safety and that of our animals and staff.
- There is a maximum number of visitors per day in the park. In order to monitor this maximum and to guarantee your visit, it is therefore necessary to reserve online access to the park in advance via our website.
- Tickets can only be bought online to avoid queues at the cash registers,
- Markings at the entrance ensure a safe queue.
- There is a one-way walk in the park, follow the arrows.
- Wearing a mouth mask indoors is mandatory.
- In the shop you can buy cuddles; all payments are made electronically and preferably contactless.
- A distance of 1.5 metres is maintained everywhere and, where necessary, visitors and employees are separated by means of a transparent wall in plexiglass.
- Respect the distance rule of 1.5m (does not apply within the family). (Employees continuously monitor group size and the 1.5 meter distance.)
- You can sit outside and inside per family & social distancing to others.
- Disinfecting gel is available at various points in the park, the toilets, the shop, ...,
- It goes without saying that people remain at home who are ill, have a nose cold, regular coughing, sore throats or fever. If a roommate or family member suffers from this, the whole household stays at home and you notify us at the latest the day before arrival to rebook the reservation.
- All public feeding moments have been cancelled.
- Do not touch the windows of the animal enclosures.
- Our team will inform you where necessary and monitor compliance with the new rules.