FAQ - Frequently asked questions
There are many questions relating to the coronavirus at the moment. Our employees are doing everything in their power to provide everyone with an answer. Due to the extra measurements, waiting times for telephone and e-mail may be longer than you would normally expect from us. That is why we try to update the current guidelines regurlarly on this frequently asked questions page.
I want to visit, how do I buy a ticket?
De Zonnegloed opens its doors for everyone, but you can visit ONLY with RESERVATION. The only way to make a reservation is to purchase a ticket via our website https://www.dezonnegloed.be/en/book-your-tickets.
Tickets will no longer be sold at the ticket counter. When booking through our website you can also indicate that you already have a ticket, seasonal ticket or gift voucher.
After making a reservation, you will receive a ticket with QR-code at the e-mail address you provided within 1 hour (please be patient for this). Don't forget to bring this reservation email (and your ticket, coupon or subscription) to the park! (This can also be done via smartphone, QR-code does not have to be printed on paper).
Both are needed for verification and the QR-code will be scanned!
Number of visitors per day is limited!
I have a child from 0 to 2 years old, this entrance is free. Do I have to buy a ticket for this ?
You need to make an online reservation for the child, but the ticket is free. Because we only allow a limited number of people per day, even the youngest ones need to reserve a place.
How will the tickets be scanned at the entrance to the park?
You have to print out your e-mail with reservation and QR code or bring it with you on your smartphone or tablet. We’ll scan the QR-code at our entrance.
Does a time lock need to be reserved?
No, we don’t work with arrival times. The domain is open every day between 9.30am and 5.30pm, closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.
I would like to take out a subscription right away and make a reservation, how does that work?
You can buy a subscription online first and it will be ready for you when you arrive at the park (we won't send it to you). As soon as you have ordered and paid for a season ticket online, you can choose the option that you already have a season ticket via our reservation system and make a reservation with the season ticket.
I'm too late to book and the park already seems full, can I still come?
No, the purchase of tickets is only possible via our website.
If a date is shown in red, we have reached our limited amount of visitors for that day.
No discounts or vouchers for free entry?
No, we apply one rate. We believe that there’s no difference between people, young or old, to enjoy walking through our park and seeing our wonderful animals.
Is the reptile loft also accessible?
Yes, the reptile loft is open to visitors.
Are the playgrounds on the domain accessible?
All playgrounds are open; both the indoor and outdoor playgrounds. However, with restrictions so that there can be no crowds.
- • Only allowed for children <12 years old.
- • Accompanying adults should continue to comply with current distance rules and keep an eye on their children.
- • A maximum of 20 children will be admitted at the same time on our large playground and a maximum of 5 children on our small playgrounds.
Will there be feeding moments with an animal caretaker?
No, for the time being, all feeding moments have been cancelled.
Will the shop be open?
Yes, our shop is open. Besides cuddles, car stickers, T-shirts, ... you can also go there for a drink or a pre-packed sandwich or wrap.
Are there benches or places where you can rest for a while?
Yes, there are benches located throughout the park.
Is it compulsory to wear a mouth mask?
Oral masks are compulsory everywhere, including outside.
Are pets allowed?
No, pets are not allowed in the park. This is to ensure the safety of your pet and the animals in the park.
What measures are taken in De Zonnegloed to ensure the safety of everyone ?
A number of measures have been taken to ensure your safety and that of our animals and staff.
- There is a maximum number of visitors per day in the park. In order to monitor this maximum and to guarantee your visit, it is therefore necessary to reserve online access to the park in advance via our website.
- Tickets can only be bought online to avoid queues at the cash registers,
- Markings at the entrance ensure a safe queue.
- There is a one-way walk in the park, follow the arrows.
- Wearing a mouth mask is mandatory, also outside.
- In the shop you can buy cuddles, drinks, biscuits and sandwiches; all payments are made electronically and preferably contactless.
- A distance of 1.5 metres is maintained everywhere and, where necessary, visitors and employees are separated by means of a transparent wall in plexiglass.
- Respect the distance rule of 1.5m (does not apply within the family). (Employees continuously monitor group size and the 1.5 meter distance.)
- You can sit outside and inside per family & social distancing to others.
- Disinfecting gel is available at various points in the park, the toilets, the shop, ...,
- It goes without saying that people remain at home who are ill, have a nose cold, regular coughing, sore throats or fever. If a roommate or family member suffers from this, the whole household stays at home and you notify us at the latest the day before arrival to rebook the reservation.
- All public feeding moments have been cancelled.
- Do not touch the windows of the animal enclosures.
- Our team will inform you where necessary and monitor compliance with the new rules.